What Would Jesus Do?
WWJD reasoning needs to be based on biblical standards, not man's opinion of what they think Jesus would do.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Apparently, WWJD ten years ago is very different from WWJD today according to some.
According to some in the church, Jesus' grace extends to Him;
- Attending a homosexual wedding (Hey, He could reach people that way.)
- Assisting with an abortion (He might change her mind.)
- Sitting in the cinema to watch fornication along with cussing and crude dialogue or
violence or occult themed movies. (It's not that bad!)
- Skipping church to go to a footy match (It's the grand final, what do you want from me?)
- Getting drunk (T.G.I.F - Thank God it's Friday is in the Bible isn't it?)
- Living with his/her partner before marriage (We're getting married anyway!)
- In telling a lie (A white lie is ok if saving someone's feelings.)
If your Jesus looks like the latter WWJD - please open your Bible and see WWJD from the truth of His actual Word. Because the answers to the above and more are very clear.
The power of the cross leads to a heart transformation that flows through to behavioural modification, otherwise known as good fruit. The Bible says that if there is not good fruit, then it will be cut off and thrown into the fire.
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
WWJD 2,000 years ago is relevant to today!
Just some food for thought!
-- By Judah Ayling