Sometimes the Christian can breeze through life giving the Bible an occasional glance, can recite a couple of Scriptures and recall some Sunday school stories.
Did you know that the Bible is the truth and handbook for your life? Is it a book of good ideas and handy suggestions, or is it much more? Let’s find out what the Bible says.
According to the Bible, it is;
– ‘able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus’ (2 Timothy 3:15)
– ‘useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness’ (2 Timothy 3:16)
– ‘important so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work’ (2 Timothy 3:17)
– ‘sacred’ (2 Timothy 3:15)
– ‘God-breathed’ (2 Timothy 3:16)
– ‘God's Word that will never pass away’ (Mark 13:31)
– ‘alive and active’ (Hebrews 4:12)
– ‘a living book that judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart’ (Hebrews 4:12)
– ‘a judge for the one who rejects Jesus and does not accept His words; the very words He has spoken will condemn them at the last day’ (John 12:48)
– ‘written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope’ (Romans 15:4)
– a book we are not meant to ‘merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says’ (James 1:22)
– freeing: ‘”If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free”’ (John 8:31-32)
– faith building: ‘faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ’ (Romans 10:17, Acts 20:32)
– food for life: ‘”man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'” (Matthew 4:4)
– for those who love Jesus: ‘”Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching”’ (John 14:23-24)
Now just like the Berean Jews (Acts 17:11), you should pull out your Bible and check these Scriptures to make sure that I am telling you the truth. This is how you won’t be fooled by false teachers.
— By Judah Ayling